With first time homebuyers accounting for one half of the 2010 real estate market the condition of your home matters more than ever. Eighty seven percent of these “first timers” want their home purchase to be “move in ready”.
According to a recent Coldwell Banker survey of first time buyers:
67% said the market afforded them the opportunity to buy a home sooner than expected
- 50% said they found a home in a more desirable neighborhood than expected
- 61% were able to get the home at a better price than expected
- 40% got more space than expected
- 43% locked in a lower interest rate than expected
- 78% of respondents said the home had to be in an area convenient to shops and services
- 75% of buyers said it was important to be close to their place of work
- Nearly 2/3 rd said it was important to be near “highly-rated” schools
The realization for home sellers is that a good portion of your home viewers have expectations that are greater than in the past.
A wide selection of homes on the market now allows them to be choosey.
Obviously you can’t change the location of your home but you can make it “move in ready”. Ask your Coldwell Banker Valley Brokers agent to share advice for preparing your home to appeal to first time homebuyers that are our there looking for homes.